Never fear! The HGi helpdesk is here with the most common scanning issues and how they can be resolved:
5. Scan to Email / Folder (and Print): Your MFP is unplugged from the network. This may seem silly, but we did the math and this really is in the top 5.
4. Scan to Folder: You upgraded your target OS. Every time Windows releases a new version, the rules of SMB file sharing change a little bit. If you have an older MFP, you might need us to update the MFP firmware to match. Don’t worry, this service is included in your service contract.
3. Scan to Email: You switched Internet Service Providers and the DNS Servers programmed into your MFP are no longer valid on your network. Computers need DNS Servers to be able to communicate with the outside world, and your MFP is no different. We will need to get the new DNS settings and program them into your equipment.
2. Scan to Email: You switched Internet Service Providers and your machine was programmed to send mail using the ISP’s mail server. ISP’s, as a rule, refuse any email request not coming from one of their connections. We will need a new mail server for the machine to use. (Be careful on this one, if your machine is more than a few years old it might not be compatible with SSL/TLS email encryption used by most hosted email services)
1. Scan to Email / Folder: An account or password changed. Most scanning functions require valid credentials. When those passwords change or the accounts the MFP is using are deleted, the new credentials need to be programmed into your MFP before scanning can function again.